Is there some way I can get a jump start if I'm not a member of AAA?

Will AAA jump start cars for non-members? I'm driving cross-country but my car battery died when I was camping. I'm nowhere near civilization, although I do get a phone signal.

Answer provided by
Eric Schad
Answered on Jul 22, 2021
Eric Schad has been a freelance writer for nearly a decade, as well as an SEO specialist and editor for the past five years. Before getting behind the keyboard, he worked in the finance and music industries (the perfect combo). With a wide array of professional and personal experiences, he’s developed a knack for tone and branding across many different verticals. Away from the computer, Schad is a blues guitar shredder, crazed sports fan, and always down for a spontaneous trip anywhere around the globe.
“You can usually call roadside assistance through your car insurance company by adding it to your policy. It might take 24 hours to take effect.
However, you can also call a roadside assistance company. Even if you’re not a member, they’ll give you a jump. You’ll just have to pay non-member rates.
The next time you go on a cross-country trip, just make sure to add roadside assistance to your car insurance or become a AAA member.”

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies