If my car was stolen, where can I get a loan agreement and auto purchase agreement to file a claim?

"My car was stolen, and now my insurance needs the loan and auto purchase agreements to file my claim.

Unfortunately, I lost these documents when I moved. Where can I get them?"

Answer provided by
Eric Schad
Answered on May 26, 2021
“If you purchased the vehicle recently, say within the past six months, the dealership should have the purchase agreement readily available. Any longer than that, and it might take them time to find it.
Your best bet is to go straight to your lender. They should have both the auto purchase agreement and loan agreement on file. Even if they’re not the original copies, they should suffice for filing a car insurance claim.”

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies