If I just scratched another vehicle with my car door, should I contact USAA?

"I don't know if should wait for the other driver to report the scratch. I've never been in this kind of situation before."

“The right thing to do would be to take a photo of the damage, take down the license plate number of the affected car, and contact USAA to let them know what happened.
You can also leave a note on the damaged car with your contact information, letting the other driver know that you’re in touch with your insurance company to rectify the situation. Since it sounds like the damage is minor, the impact on your rates should be relatively small.”
Sophie Newman
Answered on Jul 26, 2021
Sophie Newman is a writer from California. Her hobbies include brewing her own kombucha, riding horses, and taking long road trips.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.