If I file the SR-22, will I get my license reinstated?

"My license is currently suspended, but when I went to the DMV, the person helping me told me that I just needed to fill out the SR-22 form and I could get my license back. Is this true, even if I still owe money for a ticket? What exactly is the SR22 form, anyway?"

SR-22 auto insurance is essentially a certificate that you or your insurance company can fill out to
guarantee to the state that you are meeting the minimum requirements for auto insurance.
The state may require the form if you have too many driving infractions or a DUI, and you may need to keep it for anywhere from one to five years. If you pay your outstanding fines and provide the form to the state as instructed, your license should be reinstated.”
Sophie Newman
Answered on Jul 27, 2021
Sophie Newman is a writer from California. Her hobbies include brewing her own kombucha, riding horses, and taking long road trips.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies