I was given a speeding ticket but did not get my license back…what should I do?

What happens if the police officer forgot to give me my license back? I was recently given a speeding ticket in Arizona but the officer forgot to give me back my driver’s license.

“In this circumstance, the best way to go about retrieving your driver’s license is to give a call to the agency of the officer who wrote your ticket and inform them of the situation.
The agency will verify that it wasn’t seized as invalid and will then either put you into contact with the officer who gave you the ticket so he can get your license back to you or get you in touch with the agency’s evidence room where it is classified as found property.
If the options above do not work out, you could always file for a new license at your local DMV, but this is a last resort option in case you are wary about paying the fee.”
Gracie Hanson
Answered on Jul 23, 2021
Gracie Hanson is a content intern at Jerry. Currently, she is pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Communication with a minor in Media Studies at the University of Colorado Boulder. In her spare time, she enjoys listening to music, trying new foods, and road-tripping around Colorado in her Acura TL.

Did this answer help you?

Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.

Have a different question?

You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.

Read advice from car experts at Jerry

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free