How to reduce my car insurance?
I need to lower my car insurance cost, but I’m not sure where to start. How do I do that?
Great question! I’m happy to say that there are a lot of ways to lower your premium. Here are a few tips:
- Shop around. Insurance pricing can vary from company to company, so it doesn’t hurt to shop around to see if you can find a lower rate. The easiest way to do this is with the Jerry app—we’ll get you customized quotes from top insurers in seconds, so that all you need to do is choose the plan that works best for you.
- Look for discounts. If you’re a student with good grades, or if you drive infrequently, you may be eligible for a discount on your insurance! Check with your provider to see if you’re eligible.
- Compare cars. Some cars are cheaper to insure than others, so if you’re in the market for a new car, check out the insurance prices before you buy. Additionally, if you have any older cars on your policy, the premium might not be worth the payout in the event of an accident. Consider dropping coverage on older cars if the premium is more than one tenth of the car’s value.
- Check your deductible. If you can afford a higher deductible, you’ll be able to lower your monthly bill that way. Keep in mind, though, that a higher deductible means that more financial burden will fall on you in the event of an accident.
- Bundle your policies. Sometimes, you can save money by bundling your home and auto insurance. There are definitely pros and cons to this approach, so weigh your options before making a decision.
Hopefully this helps! May all your rates be low.
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do insurance companies value cars?
I recently got into a car accident, and I’m trying to figure out what the payout will be, and how my insurance will determine the overall value of the vehicle. How will my insurance company value my car?
Nov 17, 2021
How to my car insurance policy number?
I need my insurance policy number in order to fill out some paperwork. Where can I find it?
Nov 17, 2021
How do I choose a car insurance policy?
I'm shopping for insurance for the first time, and I'm kind of overwhelmed. There are so many options! How do I choose a policy?
Nov 17, 2021