How much does it cost to replace the catalytic converter in a 1995 Chevrolet Impala?

I recently acquired a 1995 Chevrolet Impala that’s in pretty good shape, except for the catalytic converter, which I’d like to remove and replace. How much does it cost to replace the catalytic converter in a 1995 Chevy Impala?

Find out if you’re getting ripped off on your car insurance in less than two minutes.
No spam · No long forms · No fees
Find savings (100% Free)
rating white
3.5k Ratings
Answer provided by
Andrew (Andy) Biro
Answered on May 19, 2022
Nice car find! When replacing the catalytic converter in your 1995 Chevrolet Impala, the exact price will largely depend on whether it’s outfitted with a single or dual exhaust—on average, however, you’ll pay between $1,250 and $2,150.
If you have a single exhaust, expect to pay anywhere between $2,000 and $2,150 to replace the catalytic converter. The actual part cost makes up the bulk of that figure.
If your 1995 Chevrolet Impala has a dual exhaust, on the other hand, the catalytic converter’s replacement cost is usually a lot lower, closer to $1,250 - $1,350. Expect labor costs to make up roughly 10% of that figure, with the parts themselves making up the other 90%.
Maintenance costs associated with older car models can be expensive, but your Chevrolet’s car insurance doesn’t have to be. Licensed car insurance comparison app and broker Jerry makes shopping for affordable rates easier than ever. Jerry customers save on average $800+ per year on car insurance with the super app.

Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.

Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

√
No long forms
√
No spam or unwanted phone calls
√
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free