How many drunk driving deaths were there in 2016?

My high school senior project is due next week, so I’m trying to get all of my research done soon before I put together a Prezi. The topic is drinking and driving, and I want one of my slides to be a graph of how drunk driving deaths have changed over time. How many people died from drunk driving in 2016?

Find out if you’re getting ripped off on your car insurance in less than two minutes.
No spam · No long forms · No fees
Find savings (100% Free)
rating white
3.5k Ratings
Answer provided by
Samuel Todd
Answered on Mar 07, 2022
It’s great that you’re getting your research done early, especially on such an important issue! There were 10,497 drunk driving deaths in 2016, which is one every 50 minutes. Of those deaths, 62% were drunk drivers and the other 38% were passengers or people outside of the car.
If you need more stats to make your Prezi extra convincing, here are a few more drunk driving facts:
  • 8 teens die each day due to DUIs
  • Young drivers (age 16–20) who are drunk are 17 times more likely to die in a crash than sober drivers
  • 10% of high schoolers will drink and drive
Hopefully, these are useful stats for you to use when persuading your classmates to stay safe on the road!
If you want another way to help your classmates out, check out Jerry. Jerry is a revolutionary car insurance app that will get you the cheapest prices within minutes. The app is intuitive and user-friendly, and the average Jerry user saves $887 on car insurance.

Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.

Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.

Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance

√
No long forms
√
No spam or unwanted phone calls
√
Quotes from top insurance companies
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free