How does a car cooling system work?
I think there may be a problem with my car’s cooling system, but I’m not entirely sure how it works! I’ve just been getting some weird warnings on my dash and I want to check them out before the problem gets worse. How does a cooling system normally function?
- Various passages inside the engine block
- A network of hoses that transfer the coolant from the engine to the radiator and the heater system
- A radiator that cools the coolant
- A radiator cap that controls the pressure
- A water pump that circulates the coolant
- A thermostat that controls the temperature of the coolant