How do you wash your car's carpet at home?
What’s the best way to wash your car carpets from home? My kids are very talented when it comes to messing up my car. I’ve had the carpets professionally cleaned three times in the last month, and I can’t afford to keep doing it. I need some home cleaning solutions.
- Remove big pieces of trash, trash bags, or items lying around.
- Vacuum the carpets until there aren’t any crumbs left.
- Mix equal parts water and white vinegar in a spray bottle with a few spoonfuls of dish soap.
- Spray the mixture on any stained areas.
- Scrub it with a soft brush or cloth.
- Leave the windows open and let it sit for an hour.
- Use a clean cloth to blot it dry.
- Heat a bucket of warm, soapy water.
- Use it to wet a medium-bristle brush, sponge, or cloth.
- Scrub the carpets thoroughly.
- Rinse them with a sponge or towel soaked in fresh water.
- Press a dry towel into the carpets to dry them.
- Leave the windows open and lift the carpets to prevent mold.