How do you wash a car without a hose?
What’s the best way to wash your car when you don’t want to use a hose? I live in California, and I’m trying to save as much water as possible because of the drought. I still want to keep my car clean, but I’d like to avoid the hose if I can.
Thank you for staying so water-conscious! Luckily, there are plenty of ways to wash your car without a hose, like Optimum No Rinse (ONR) and waterless car wash spray. Each will be applied slightly differently, but both are effective solutions!
Follow these steps to wash your car with ONR:
- Mix one ounce of ONR with two gallons of water.
- Soak a microfiber cloth in the mixture.
- Use the wet cloth to wipe dirt from the car in a straight line.
- Dry the area with a dry microfiber cloth.
- Repeat the wiping and drying process until your car is clean!
- Remember to periodically flip the soaked cloth and squeeze it out.
If this sounds too labor-intensive, use these instructions to wash your car with a waterless car wash spray:
- Pick a waterless cleaning product like Pinnacle Liquid Concentrate or Blackfire Waterless Wash Concentrate.
- Gather a few microfiber cloths.
- Spray a section of your car with the cleaner (start spraying from the cleanest to dirtiest areas).
- Wipe off the cleaner in straight lines until it’s dry.
- Switch out your cleaning cloth when it gets too dirty.
- Repeat the process until you’ve finished the car.
Alternatively, you can always opt for professional cleaning services. You can even find waterless cleaning services for around $50!
Since you’re already taking the time to wash your car, take an extra minute to save on car insurance with Jerry. A licensed broker, the Jerry app can help you find and compare quotes from over 50 top providers for free. If you find a better plan, Jerry can help you buy your new coverage and even assist in canceling your old policy!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do you remove car wax off plastic surfaces?
I live in a rainy city, and I know my vehicle paint can be damaged from hard water spots. To protect the paint, I waxed my car, but I accidentally got some of the wax on the plastic trim. How can I remove car wax off the plastic surfaces of my car?
Nov 11, 2021
How do I change my car insurance over to a new owner’s name?
I’m selling my car. How do I transfer the insurance over as well?
Nov 02, 2021
How do I remove swirls from car paint?
Is it possible to remove the swirls from my car paint? After washing my car and letting it dry, I noticed there were swirl marks on my car paint. I hope I didn’t ruin my car!
Nov 11, 2021