How do you wash a car with microfiber towels?
What’s the best way to wash my car using microfiber towels? My friend said that old rags can scratch my paint, and I should switch to microfiber cloths. I’d like to give it a try, but I’ve never used them before!
Microfiber towels are a great tool for washing cars! Any type of microfiber cloth will help you clean your car without the risk of scratches.
To wash your car with microfiber towels:
- Use a short fiber towel to apply soapy water to the car. Scrub it thoroughly and make sure you get rid of any tricky marks.
- Rinse the car with a hose to get off the soap.
- Quickly dry the car with a waffle-weave microfiber cloth. Try not to be too rough. You probably won’t leave a scratch—but it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Once the car is dry, apply wax or polish with a plush or deep fiber microfiber cloth.
You should use the right kind of towel to make sure you get the best results. There are three main types of towels for cleaning cars:
- Plush or deep fiber are generally best for applying wax to your car.
- Short or looped fiber towels are best for scrubbing and cleaning.
- Waffle and flat-weave cloths are more absorbent and abrasive, so they work best for quick, light drying.
Using microfiber towels is one of the easiest ways to improve your car maintenance. It’s a small change that could save you hundreds of dollars in paint-related repairs. Luckily, they’re also easy to use!
If you’re taking the time to get microfiber towels for your car, take an extra minute to save on car insurance with Jerry. A licensed broker, the Jerry app helps you find and compare quotes from over 50 top providers like Progressive and Nationwide in minutes. When you find a better rate, Jerry can help you switch policies and even help cancel your old one!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How to remove car oil from asphalt?
How do I remove car oil from asphalt?
Nov 16, 2021
How do I wash my car in the winter?
I try to wash my car when it’s cold out, but the water freezes before I can dry it! How do I wash my car in the winter?
Nov 16, 2021
How do I read a car battery gauge?
I’m worried about the health of my car battery, seeing as it’s getting pretty old. How do I read a car battery gauge so I know if it’s dying?
Nov 16, 2021