How do you take off the front Toyota emblem?
I want to take off the front Toyota emblem on my car so I can paint it, but I’m not sure how to do it. Can I remove the emblem without damaging it?
Taking off the front Toyota emblem is a great idea when painting your vehicle! Depending on how the emblem is secured, you’ll either start by loosening the adhesive or removing the plastic pins that hold it in place.
If the emblem has plastic pins, you’ll be able to see the heads of the pins inside the front of your car when you open the hood. To remove the pins, use a flathead screwdriver to pry them straight forward. The emblem should pop off.
If the emblem has adhesive, there are a few methods you can try:
- Pour hot or boiling water on the emblem to loosen the adhesive.
- Use a hairdryer to warm up the area and soften the glue.
- You can also apply an adhesive remover like Goo Gone to the area above and around the emblem to loosen the sides a little.
Then, once you’ve loosened the adhesive, you can remove the emblem itself in a few ways:
- Use a plastic wedge to pry off the emblem. Use caution if you choose this method, as applying too much force could break the emblem.
- Slide a piece of dental floss or fishing line behind the emblem and slowly work through the adhesive by gently pulling and moving the floss in a sawing motion.
- Use a credit card to pry the emblem off.
Since you’re taking the time to customize your car, take an extra minute to save on car insurance with Jerry. A licensed broker, the Jerry app can help you compare rates from top insurers, like Travelers and Nationwide, in seconds! The average Jerry user saves $879 a year.
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How can I reset the maintenance light on my 2016 Toyota 4Runner?
About a month ago, the maintenance light on my 2016 Toyota 4Runner came on. So, I went and got it serviced about two weeks ago. Since then, the maintenance light has not gone away. I know there’s nothing wrong with the car, what can I do to reset the maintenance light on my 4Runner?
Jan 05, 2022
How can I open a BMW top box?
I use my top box to store a lot of important things when I’m out on the road, but I just tried to open up my box, and it’s stuck! How can I get my BMW top box to open?
Jan 05, 2022
How do I check the oil of a BMW?
I’ve had my BMW for about a year now, and I know I should get the oil checked, but I don’t really want to pay a mechanic to check it. How do I check my BMW’s oil myself?
Jan 05, 2022