How do you shampoo car carpet?
How do I shampoo my car’s interior? I’m an Uber driver and I was unlucky enough to have someone throw up in my car yesterday.
Oof! I’m sorry to hear about that. Let’s get your car looking (and smelling) like it used to.
Shampooing your car’s carpet is indeed the best way to remedy this situation. Here’s what you need to do:
- First, clear out your car, then vacuum it to prepare the carpet for cleaning and scrubbing.
- Next, remove the floor mats. They will need to be cleaned separately.
- Then, gather appropriate shampooing supplies, including spray-on carpet shampoo, stain remover, and a stiff-bristled brush.
- If you notice any problematic stains, then pretreat them before shampooing.
- While your stains are being treated, clean the floor mats by spraying them with shampoo or all-purpose cleaner (depending on the material). Then, scrub them with a stiff brush, rinse them well, and hang them vertically to dry.
- At this point, spray the carpet with shampoo. Then, scrub the carpet using your brush.
- Soak up any extra moisture. Do so by firmly pressing a clean, dry towel along the freshly treated carpet. Move the towel in one single direction, rather than back and forth. Continue to do that until you’ve removed the majority of the dampness.
- Roll down your windows and/or open the doors to ensure your car is well-ventilated in order to fully dry. Leaving the car damp and closed up may invite mold growth.
And there you have it, clean car floors—just like new!
As an Uber driver, you’re on the road more than most people! It’s imperative to make sure you’re protected by great car insurance—without overpaying for it. Jerry can help.
Jerry will gather competitive quotes from over 50 top name-brand insurance providers and deliver the best deals straight to you. A licensed broker that offers end-to-end support, Jerry will even help you switch plans and cancel your old policy.
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
What's the best season to change my car insurance?
What month is the cheapest to change car insurance? I'm thinking of switching my policy or company—I’d love to save some money if possible.
Oct 20, 2021
How can I get a refund on my car insurance?
I am canceling my car insurance after four months. How can I get a refund for it?
Oct 20, 2021
Does insurance cover costs for winter tires?
Will my insurance pay for winter tires? I’m moving to a snowy state and I want to drive as safely in the snow as I can. Does insurance help out with that?
Oct 20, 2021