How do you reset the oil life on a Honda Accord from 2009?
Can you tell me how to reset the oil life indicator in my Honda Accord from 2009? I think the guys at the shop forgot to reset the sensor when they changed my oil.
It’s easy to reset the oil life indicator in your 2009 Honda Accord! Just follow these steps:
- Turn your ignition to RUN, which is one click before starting the engine.
- NPress the SELECT/RESET button to scroll through your settings until you see the engine oil life indicator.
- Press and hold the SELECT/RESET button for 10 seconds, or until the oil life indicator and maintenance codes start to blink.
- Release the SELECT/RESET button, then press and hold it for five more seconds, or until the maintenance items disappear and the oil life resets to 100%.
- Turn your ignition to OFF, then start your engine to make sure that the reset was successful.
If your oil life indicator won’t reset, it’s possible that there is a problem with your engine. In this case, it’s a good idea to visit a mechanic to make sure that your car is functioning properly.
While you’re taking the time to reset the oil life in your Honda, why not take an extra minute to save on your car insurance? It’s easy when you use the Jerry app. Just download the app and answer a few quick questions to access a comprehensive list of quotes from more than 50 top providers customized for you. The average Jerry driver saves $879 a year on car insurance!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How can I keep rain out of a broken car window?
The passenger seat window of my car has been broken for a while now. It wasn’t an issue during the summer, but as the weather gets colder and wetter, I’ve been having some real problems keeping my car dry. I have plans to get the window replaced but in the meantime, how can I keep the rain out of my car’s window?
Dec 21, 2021
How do you reset the oil light on a 2004 Honda Accord?
Can you tell me how to reset the oil light in my 2004 Honda Accord? I got my oil changed recently, but the light won’t turn off.
Dec 21, 2021