How do you reset the Honda Civic Bluetooth system?
I’ve had my phone paired to my Honda Civic for ages, but suddenly, it stopped working and won’t connect. How do I reset the Bluetooth system?
Andrea Barrett · Answered on Jan 31, 2023
Reviewed by Shannon Martin, Licensed Insurance Agent.
Car technology can be a tricky thing, but resetting your Bluetooth sounds like a good idea! You can reset the Honda Civic Bluetooth system by first deleting your device and re-pairing it. If unsuccessful, you’ll need to perform a complete reboot of the wireless system using your Civic’s multimedia touchscreen.
Follow these steps:
- Hold down the 1 and 6 number buttons for 5 to 10 seconds until the display reads “Audio off”.
- Press the power button while still holding down 1 and 6. A menu will display the reading “Manual Diag.”
- Select the first option, “Version/System.”
- Press “1” again until the “Version Display” setting is revealed.
- Select “Bluetooth Reflash.”
Once you’ve completed these steps, you’ve reset the system and you should be able to pair your device. Here’s how you can pair your phone to Bluetooth:
- Ensure Bluetooth is activated on your mobile device.
- On your Honda Civic’s multimedia screen, press the Home button at the top left.
- Press “Phone”, then press “Yes” to confirm. Your Civic will then prompt you to add a new device, tap “Yes”. Select your mobile device from the multimedia screen.
- On your mobile device, select HandsFreeLink® from the Bluetooth menu.
- Once the pairing is successful, your mobile device and Honda multimedia system are now connected via Bluetooth and HandsFreeLink®.
MORE: How long do Hondas last?
View full answer
WHY YOU CAN TRUST JERRY
Jerry partners with more than 50 insurance companies, but our content is independently researched, written, and fact-checked by our team of editors and agents. We aren’t paid for reviews or other content.
Browse More Content
Insurance in Your State
What Others Are Asking
Where is the 1998 Honda Accord’s OBD port located?
I want to do some work on my car to save money on repairs, but I’m not sure where the OBD port is. How do I find the OBD port in my 1998 Honda Accord?
Jan 31, 2023
Does a 2014 Honda CR-V have Bluetooth?
My husband and I just bought a 2014 Honda CR-V for my daughter’s 18th birthday, and we’d love for her to connect her phone to keep her eyes on the road. Does the CR-V have Bluetooth, or do we need to buy her an adapter?
Jan 31, 2023
How do you reset the Ford Fiesta Bluetooth?
I have a 2019 Ford Fiesta, and the Bluetooth has been acting wonky lately. Sometimes, it will randomly disconnect my phone! How do I reset the system?
Jan 31, 2023
Read Advice From Car Experts At Jerry
Is Metromile Roadside Assistance Worth It?
Metromile roadside assistance offers basic towing and labor coverage for pay-per-mile insurance customers.
How Long Does Canceled Car Insurance Stay on Your Record?
Cancelation of your car insurance policy usually stays on your insurance record for five years—but in some cases, it could be longer.
Browse By Topics
Easiest way to compare and buy car insurance
Find insurance savings — it's 100% free
No long forms
No spam or unwanted phone calls
Quotes from top insurance companies