How do you replace windshield wipers on a Honda CR-V from 2007?
The rubber on one of my windshield wipers has started peeling off, and I don’t want the bare metal to damage my windshield. What’s the easiest way to replace the wipers on my 2007 Honda CR-V SE?
It’s great you noticed the rubber peeling off and are addressing the problem before it damages your windshield! The good news is that installing wipers isn’t expensive and can be done quickly.
To replace the windshield wipers on a Honda CR-V from 2007:
- Locate the small clip on the back of the wiper blade that holds it in place.
- Pull the clip upward to unlock the wiper blade.
- Push the wiper blade backward as if you were sliding it down the wiper arm.
- Once the wiper blade pops out of place and away from the hook, take it off.
- Line up the new wiper blade with the hook, making sure you have the correct wiper pointed in the correct direction.
- Lock the wiper blade in place. You should hear an audible click.
- Repeat the process with the other wiper blade.
- Test your new blades using the windshield wash function.
And just like that, you should be all set to go!
New windshield wipers may be relatively inexpensive, but car ownership undoubtedly comes with a hefty price tag. If you want to save some money on car insurance, use Jerry.
It’s this simple: download the Jerry app or go to getjerry.com. Choose from competitive quotes from 50-plus top insurance companies, and Jerry takes care of the rest—securing your new policy and helping you cancel your old one. The average Jerry user saves $879 a year on car insurance.
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How can I make my Honda Civic look good?
I drive a Honda Civic LX that’s a few years old, and it just kind of blends into the crowd. I want to make the vehicle look good, but I’m not sure how. What are some ways to make my Civic look good and stand out from the crowd?
Dec 28, 2021
How can you make a Honda Civic look good?
My son’s 17th birthday is coming up, and I’m surprising him with a used Honda Civic. Since a very young age, he’s been interested in cars, so I want the vehicle to look as good as possible when I give it to him. What easy upgrades can I make to a Honda Civic?
Dec 28, 2021
How do you reset a Honda Civic radio?
I replaced the battery in my Honda Civic SE at home earlier today, and the radio hasn’t been working since. Is there a way to reset the radio in my Honda Civic?
Dec 28, 2021