How do you replace a Honda Civic headlight assembly?
I accidentally pulled too far into the driveway and busted my car’s headlight on my kids’ basketball hoop. I went to the mechanic, and he said I need a whole new headlight assembly and gave me a quote. I’ve heard the process isn’t too tricky, and I’d like to save some money by doing it myself. I purchased the replacement piece, but how do I replace the headlight assembly on my Honda Civic?
- The replacement parts
- 10mm wrench
- Phillips and flathead screwdriver
- Open the hood and remove the plastic air guide cover under the hood latch using a flat head screwdriver.
- Remove the front bumper by undoing the screws and bolts holding it in place. The fasteners, bolts, and screws are located in the front wheel wells, beneath the radiator cover, and on the underside of the front bumper.
- You should now be able to see the front headlight assembly. Undo the wiring harness, bracket, fasteners, and the bolts holding it in place.
- Remove the headlight assembly.
- Install the new headlight assembly. Remember to reattach the connectors and tighten all the screws, bolts, and fasteners.
- Test the headlights of your car.