How do you remove sticker residue from car glass?
I just bought a used car, and the only thing I need to fix on it is removing the stickers the previous owners left on the windows. What’s the best way to remove stickers from windows?
Sounds like you found a great new-to-you car if all you need to fix are stickers! Removing the stickers from the windows is easy. Start by grabbing:
- Warm water
- Dishwashing liquid
- Plastic scraper
Now that you have the supplies, follow these steps:
- Before you do anything else, try and remove the sticker as much as you can with your hands.
- Take the bucket and fill it with warm water and some dishwashing soap.
- Using a cloth, thoroughly mix the water and soap in the bucket.
- Now, take the wet cloth and soak the adhesive and the area around it.
- You’re going to want to do this for a few minutes, allowing the water and soap to soak into the remains of the adhesive.
- When you’re satisfied with the level of wetness, use either a plastic scraper or your fingers to work off the remaining adhesive.
- If you don’t get it all, repeat the process.
- Once you remove all the adhesive, take a dry towel and pat the area to avoid streaks.
Since you just bought a new (to you) car, be sure to update your insurance policy. To help you find the best rates on car insurance, try using the number-one-rated car insurance app, Jerry. Jerry gathers personalized quotes from more than 50 top providers, including Nationwide, Allstate, and Travelers, and delivers the best deals to your phone in minutes for free. Jerry customers save an average of $879 a year!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do I properly place a car sun shade?
I just moved to Florida, and I read that the constant sunshine can harm the interior of your vehicle. I bought a sun shade to protect against the damage, but I’m not quite sure how to use it. What should I do to properly position a sun shade in my car?
Nov 19, 2021
How do you remove acid rain spots from car windows?
We just had an acid rainstorm this week and now my car’s windows have spots on them. How do I clean them?
Nov 19, 2021
How do you remove blood from leather car seats?
I cut myself hiking this weekend and there’s some blood on the car seats as a result. How do you remove blood from leather car seats?
Nov 19, 2021