How do you recharge the AC in a 2016 Honda Civic?
My AC has been acting strangely for the past few weeks. I was told it’s probably time to recharge it. I’m not afraid of doing a little car maintenance myself, so I figured I’d try and handle this on my own. How can I recharge the AC in my 2016 Honda Civic?
- Purchase a recharging kit from your local auto shop.
- Open the hood and attach the kit to your Civic’s low-side port.
- Turn on your Civic and allow the engine to run until it reaches its average operating temperature.
- Set the AC to its coldest and strongest setting. Monitor the temperature with a thermometer.
- Open all your doors. Set the recharging kit’s valve down.
- Watch the kit’s gauge and shut the valve when it’s depleted.
- Disconnect the kit and put in a new canister of refrigerant. Allow it to recharge for a few minutes, then remove it. If it is cold to the touch, feel free to use a towel or a pair of gloves.
- Test the new canister by placing a thermometer in the AC ducts.
- Shut down the Civic’s AC and the engine.