How do you recharge a BMW A/C?
Can you teach me how to recharge my BMW’s A/C system? It’s been blowing out warm air lately. I think it may need a recharge.
While this is something you can do at home, recharging a BMW A/C system is a pretty complicated process and it won’t always fix the issue. If you’re unsure about what you’re doing at any point, you should visit a mechanic to avoid damaging your vehicle. If you do decide to recharge your A/C at home, however, you can do it by following these steps:
- With your car in park, start the engine and let it idle.
- Turn on your A/C with the temperature at MIN and the blower at MAX and the A/C button pressed down.
- Open the hood of your car and find the low-pressure charging port, which is typically on the right-hand side of the engine. If you have trouble locating it, use your owner’s manual.
- Connect the A/C recharge kit to the port. Before you start recharging the system,check the gauge to make sure that the pressure in your system is low.
- When you begin recharging your A/C, watch the gauge on the kit to make sure you reach the recommended pressure level.
- Once your A/C is fully recharged, you can disconnect the charging kit, close the hood, and turn off your engine.
While you’re taking some time to recharge your A/C, why not take an extra minute to learn more about your insurance options with the Jerry app? Just download the app and answer some quick questions to see a comprehensive list of quotes. The average user saves $887 per year!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
Are electric cars good in winter?
I’m in the market for a new car, and I know electric cars are much better for the environment. However, I live up in Minnesota, and it gets cold in the winter—I’m not sure how an electric vehicle would handle sub-zero temperatures. Are electric cars any good in the winter?
Jan 14, 2022
How do I open my Tesla glove box?
I just got a brand new Tesla, and I’m so excited! However, I’m confused about one thing—I’ve been looking at my glove box, and there doesn’t seem to be a handle. How does this work? How can I open my Tesla’s glove box?
Jan 14, 2022
How can I connect Carly for my BMW?
My husband bought me a Carly adapter for Christmas, which is really helpful. I’m a bit of a forgetful guy, so keeping up with car maintenance isn’t the easiest thing—it’s great to have a tool that can tell me if something’s wrong with my car. How do I use Carly on a BMW?
Jan 14, 2022