How do you program the garage door opener on a 2019 Acura RDX?
I’ve had my 2019 Acura RDX for a few years now but I’ve just discovered that you can link your garage door opener to the car, allowing me to open the garage door from my car. I’m not super tech-savvy, but I’m really excited about this feature. Do you know how to program the garage door opener on a 2019 Acura RDX?
Answer provided by
- Press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons on the bottom of your rearview mirror. Hold these buttons until the small light to the left of the buttons transitions from orange to green. Then, release the buttons
- Hold your garage door remote 1-3 inches away from the HomeLink buttons, holding the button down. Then, press and hold whichever HomeLink button on your rearview mirror you’d like to link your garage door to
- Wait for the light on the left to flash green rapidly. Once it starts flashing, release both buttons
- Then, go to your garage door control center and press the program set button until a light begins to flash
- Return to your car within 30 seconds and press the HomeLink button for 2 seconds, then release. Repeat the hold and press 2-3 times until you see your garage door close
- Now you’re linked! You can use your HomeLink button to operate your garage door