How do you program a Mazda garage door opener?
I just moved into my first house ever that has a garage. My Mazda CX-5 has a HomeLink feature that is supposed to connect to your garage door, but I am not sure how to set it up. How do you program a Mazda garage door opener?
Answer provided by
Congratulations on your new place! Having a garage is an awesome bonus—and with your Mazda’s HomeLink system, you won’t have to worry about losing the remote to your garage door.
Programming your Mazda garage door opener is a snap. All you need is your current garage remote.
Here’s what you do:
- Hold your garage door opener a few inches away from your HomeLink system. Press and hold down the button on your garage door opener, and the button on your Mazda that you are programming.
- The **indicator light on the rearview mirror ** will begin to flash quickly, and you can release the two buttons.
- Your HomeLink should be all set now. Test it by pressing the programmed button on your car.
- If it isn’t working and the indicator light blinks a couple of times rather than staying on, you may have a rolling code-equipped opener. In that case:
- You will need to get a look at the motor-head unit of your garage door. Find either the “learn” or “smart” button. Once found, press and release it.
- Go back to your vehicle and hold down the programmed HomeLink button for two seconds. Do this a second time. If necessary, you may also have to do it a third time before the process completes.
Now that your house and your car are in sync, make sure your home and auto insurance are in sync, too. Car insurance super app Jerry can check out all your policies and make sure you are getting the best deal—checking with top companies for every bundle, discount, and incentive.
Jerry will find you quotes from top companies in less than a minute. You get all of the savings and none of the hassles. Jerry will handle the paperwork, and even help to cancel your old policy.
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
What is the base price for a 2018 Dodge Journey?
Is a 2018 Dodge Journey worth the money? My mom wants to buy one but I’ve always heard that Dodge is an unreliable brand, so I’m not sure if that’s a good idea or not.
Apr 25, 2022
What’s the base price for a Chevrolet Cruze LS?
How much will I need to pay for the most basic form of the Chevy Cruze LS? Someone suggested it as my next car but I’m not sure if I can afford one or not.
Apr 25, 2022
How do you program a 2006 Scion TC key?
My mom gave me her used Scion for graduation—the thing is, the car has been in the garage a while, and the remote key is lost. I just got a new one, but I have no idea how to link it up to the car. How do you program a 2006 Scion TC key?
Apr 25, 2022