How do you program a key fob for a 2002 Ford Taurus?
I ordered a second key fob as a backup for my 2002 Ford Taurus since I only received one key when I purchased the car. Now, I can’t figure out how to program the key fob but I don’t want to pay to take it to an auto mechanic. How can I program the new key for a Ford Taurus?
Answer provided by
- Get in your car and have both your ignition key and your new key fob nearby.
- Insert your Ford Taurus’s car key into the ignition. Quickly turn the ignition from off to on. Repeat this process, turning the ignition off and on eight times.
- On the eighth time, stop when the ignition is in the on position.
- At this point, your car’s door locks will cycle—this is a sign that your car is ready to program.
- After you hear the door locks cycle, simply press any one of the buttons on the new fob.
- If you have additional fobs to program, press any button on the second fob within twenty seconds of completing the first remote.
- Repeat for any other fobs within twenty seconds of the previous ones.
- When you’re done, turn the car’s ignition off.
- The door locks will cycle a final time, and then you’re done!