How do you program a Cadillac garage door opener?
My parents are staying with me for a month while they prepare to move. I want to help them link the garage opener in their car to my garage for easy access. They have never used the feature before, and I am not sure how to make it work. How do you program a Cadillac garage door opener?
Answer provided by
- Hold your remote garage opener about 2 inches from the HomeLink system in the Cadillac.
- Press and hold the button you want to program and the open button on your remote at the same time.
- Release both buttons when the red light on the car’s HomeLink system begins to blink.
- Press and hold the HomeLink training button on your Cadillac to finish programming. If the light remains solid, you’re done.
- Press the “smart” or “learn” button on your garage door motor. This is usually located near the back of the unit.
- Press and hold the Homelink button on your Cadillac system within 30 seconds of pressing the “smart” button. (You might have two people do this—one at the garage door motor, and one in the car)
- Release the button after 3 seconds and the indicator light should blink solid. If not, repeat this step up to three times until the light is solid and the programming is complete.