How do you manually program a Toyota ECU?
I had to replace the computer in my Toyota after an accident. That part is done, but now the ECU needs to be programmed so that my car will start. I would love to avoid any more mechanic bills because of this accident, so I'm hoping to do this myself. How do you manually program a Toyota ECU?
Answer provided by
- First, locate the ECU plug/connector. This is below your steering wheel near your driver’s side door. (This is the plug that is used for your engine diagnostics and emissions test.)
- Take a paperclip (or other sturdy but flexible wire) and bend it into a U shape.
- Stick one end of the wire in pin slot 4, and the other end in pin slot 13.
- Leave the paperclip inserted, and start the car.
- Let the car run for 30 minutes. (You can go a little over, but not under)
- Turn the ignition off, remove the paperclip, and your car should start normally with your remote key fob.