How do you manually close the sunroof in a Toyota Camry?
What steps do I need to take to manually close the sunroof in my Toyota Camry? I taped a trash bag over the top for now—but that’s not a long-term solution.
Closing the sunroof in your Toyota Camry can be a little tricky at first, but try not to worry! It’s easy enough once you’ve had a little practice. Follow these instructions to manually close the sunroof in your Toyota Camry:
- Start by removing the sunglasses holder by taking out the clips at each corner and along the front edge.
- Use a screwdriver to remove all the trim holding the headliner in place in the front of your car.
- Then, unscrew the clothes hooks, handles, mirror, and other accessories attached to the roof of your car in the front.
- Unclip the fasteners along with the windshield that hold the headliner in place.
- Carefully pull down the front of the headliner with your hands.
- At this point, you should be able to remove the sunroof motor and pull the glass forward manually.
However, if your sunroof is tilted up, you’ll need to talk to a professional about getting it adjusted. This is because the cables require a motor to move them up and down. If you bring your car to a mechanic, they should be able to tilt your sunroof back down and disable the system for you.
While you’re waiting for the mechanic to fix your sunroof, take a minute to save on car insurance with Jerry. A licensed broker, the Jerry app can help you compare personalized quotes from over 50 top providers like Progressive and Nationwide for free. When you find a better plan, Jerry can help you buy your new coverage and even help cancel your old policy!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do you take out a car loan?
I’m in the process of buying a new Acura and I’m stuck between two choices: one is easily affordable but not my favorite and the other is more expensive but has everything I want. I’m considering getting a car loan, but I’m not sure how to do it. How do you take out a car loan?
Nov 23, 2021
How can I get a loan on my car?
I’m pretty strapped for cash these days, and I heard that using your car to get a loan was a good way to get cash fast, I’m just not sure how it works. How can I get a loan on my car?
Nov 23, 2021
How does a down payment affect a car loan?
My old Nissan finally broke down for the last time and now I’m in the market for a new car. I’m considering buying something new and getting a car loan to cover the cost. I have a large amount of cash saved up for a down payment, but I’m not sure if it's necessary. How does a down payment affect a car loan?
Nov 23, 2021