How do you keep a Tesla’s white seats clean?
My new Tesla Model X is going to be delivered next week. I chose the white seats because I thought they’d look cool, but I didn’t think about how dirty they could get. How can I keep my Tesla’s white seats clean?
Answer provided by
While an all-white interior looks sleek, it is more sensitive to dirt and stains. To keep your Model X’s white seats clean, you have a few options:
- Regularly clean your seats. Mild soap, water, and a microfiber cloth can help keep your seats clean.
- Use wipes. Many people trust baby wipes or all-purpose wipes to clean their seats. Typically, they are gentle enough to clean without damaging the material.
- Visit a detailer. Many detailers specialize in white interiors and have professional cleaning tools.
If you decide to stick with a DIY method of keeping your seats clean, be sure to test any product in an inconspicuous space first to ensure you don’t damage the material.
You can also prevent dirt and stains in your Tesla by:
- Applying a protective coating: Several brands make protective leather or ceramic coatings to protect your seats. You’ll only need to apply it once every few years.
- Buying seat covers: Be sure to choose reputable brands for seat covers. Some covers have been known to stain white seats.
- Avoid eating or drinking in your car: Drinks like coffee and tea stain materials, but water is still a safe option.
Beyond protecting the white interior, you’ll also need the proper car insurance coverage on your new Tesla. If you’d like help finding the best insurance, use the number-one-rated car insurance app, Jerry.
Once you download Jerry, answer a handful of questions that will take you roughly 45 seconds to complete and you’ll immediately get car insurance quotes for coverage similar to your current plan. Jerry customers save an average of $879 a year.
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do you close the rear window on a Toyota Sienna 2000?
Can you tell me how to close the rear window in my Toyota Sienna from 2000? My son borrowed it and opened the back window and now I can’t figure out how to close it again.
Jan 11, 2022
How do you change the time in a BMW 1 Series?
Can you tell me how to change the time in my new BMW 1 Series from 2011? My parents got me one for my birthday and I’m trying to change all of the settings, but I can’t find the controls for the clock.
Jan 11, 2022
How do you change a BMW remote key battery?
Can you tell me how to change my BMW’s remote key battery? It’s a smart key and I’m worried I’ll accidentally break it if I open it wrong.
Jan 11, 2022