How do you get blood stains out of fabric car seats?
Yesterday, I had a really bad nose bleed in my car and got blood all over my fabric seats. It’s really noticeable as my seats are light beige. How do you get blood stains out of fabric car seats?
I’m sorry to hear about the stain, especially on your light seats! There are a few ways you can try to get rid of the stain.
- Start by blotting at the stain gently with cold water. Do not scrub, or you risk pushing the stain deeper into the fabric.
- Mix cold water and club soda and dab at the stain with a new clean cloth or towel until it no longer pulls any more blood.
- Mix one part laundry detergent and one part glycerin to eight parts water in a spray bottle and shake until fully combined.
- Spray directly onto the stain and scrub with a sponge or soft brush. Do this in a circular motion to avoid spreading the stain.
- Once you’ve got the stain out, rinse the area with cold water and pat dry with a towel.
If you try this and the stain is still there, consider taking your car to a professional detailer. They often have professional materials and cleaning supplies to fight tough stains. Worst case scenario, you could also invest in some seat covers to hide the stain!
As you care about your car, make sure you continue to protect it with a roadside assistance membership with Jerry. Jerry’s membership provides you with industry-leading roadside assistance, including benefits like towing, lockout service, and a mechanics hotline. To find out if you’re eligible, you can check the app or call one of our friendly agents. You may qualify for a special rate of $50 for your first year!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How can I get blood out of my car upholstery?
My girlfriend fell and cut herself pretty badly while skateboarding. I drove her to the hospital and some blood got on my car’s back seats. How can I get the blood out of my car upholstery?
Nov 12, 2021
How can I fix a broken car cigarette lighter?
The cigarette lighter in my Honda doesn’t seem to be working. I’ve tried plugging in chargers with no luck and I’m not sure what’s wrong with it. How do I fix my car’s broken cigarette lighter?
Nov 12, 2021
How should I get blood stains out of car upholstery?
I have some blood stains on the passenger seat of my car. I know blood is a liquid that can permanently stain, so I’m concerned I might make it worse by trying to get it up. How should I go about getting the blood stains out of my car upholstery?
Nov 12, 2021