How do you fix the SRS light on a Honda Accord from 2000?
We had an issue with the airbags a few weeks ago, so the light came on. We had them fixed, but the light wouldn’t turn off. We had everything checked again, and it really seems like the only problem is the light! What should I do to fix the SRS light in my Honda Accord 2000?
- Step 1: Start by finding the MES plug under the driver’s side of the dashboard. It should look like a yellow clip with two wires.
- Step 2: Take two paper clips and stick them into the plug openings for each wire.
- Step 3: Touch the paper clips together while they’re in contact with the wires and turn on the ignition.
- Step 4: When you do, the SRS light should come on and turn off after a few seconds.
- Step 5: When it turns off, separate the paper clips—the lights should turn back on.
- Step 6: Connect the paper clips for the second and final time. The light should turn off again.
- Step 7: Once it turns off, separate the paper clips—the light should blink twice.
- Step 8: Now, turn off your car and start it again.
- Step 9: The SRS light will come on for a moment, but it should permanently turn off after a few seconds.