How do you fix the side mirror on a Honda Civic?
I was parked outside the grocery store, and somebody hit my car. They practically knocked the side mirror clean off! What’s the best way to fix the side mirror on my Honda Civic?
Hit and runs can be frustrating—but try not to worry. You can actually replace a side mirror yourself!
Follow these steps to fix the side mirror on your Honda Civic:
- Step 1: Open the door and window as much as you can.
- Step 2: Snap off the triangular molding on the part of the mirror nearest the door—if it’s still there.
- Step 3: Locate the mirror plugs in the wire harness.
- Step 4: Remove the screws and studs beneath the insulation that keeps the mirror in place.
- Step 5: Screw in your new mirror using the same screws and studs you just pulled out.
- Step 6: Plug the mirror wires into the mirror plug and stuff the wire harness back into the hole where the molding was.
- Step 7: Replace the molding.
Hopefully, following those steps helped you successfully fix your mirror! But if you aren’t comfortable doing it all yourself, you can always bring the car to a mechanic. For a Honda Civic, it should only cost about $200 for the new mirror and cost of labor.
Since you’re already taking the time to fix your side mirror, take another minute to save on car insurance with Jerry. A licensed broker, the Jerry app can help you compare personalized quotes from over 50 top providers like Progressive and Nationwide for free. Jerry can even help you cancel your old policy when you find a better rate!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
Is it normal for a bank to ask for a phone interview for a car loan?
My husband and I want to finance a Kia Sorento. We went through the dealership's preferred bank to finance. Yesterday, I got an email saying the bank wanted to have an interview regarding the loan. Is this normal?
Dec 08, 2021
How do you remove a car from your insurance policy?
What’s the best way to take a car off my insurance policy? My 2008 Toyota Corolla is starting to give me problems so I've pretty much stopped using it. Now I want to get it off my policy so I can stop paying for it.
Dec 08, 2021
How do you change the battery in a Honda Odyssey key fob?
I recently bought a Honda Odyssey, and the key battery is already dying from the cold! I don’t know how to replace it, but I'd like to do it soon. What’s the best way to change the battery in my Honda Odyssey key fob?
Dec 08, 2021