How do you fix a code error on a Honda radio?
I just finished performing some routine maintenance on my Honda Accord, but now the radio says CODE and won’t play. What steps should I take to fix the code error on my Honda?
Seeing CODE on your Honda Accord’s can be frustrating, but try not to worry. Car owners regularly see this issue after disconnecting their batteries. Fortunately, you can fix the code error on your Honda radio by entering the correct five-digit code.
To find the code, you should check the owner’s manual and glove compartment. Once entered, your radio should work as usual. However, if you can’t find the code, you need to:
- Turn the ignition to ON, but do not start the engine.
- Turn the radio off, so the screen is blank.
- Simultaneously press and hold radio presets one and six.
- Use your other hand to turn on the radio without releasing presets one and six.
- When you see a series of numbers appear on the screen, release the buttons.
- Record the numbers. This is your radio’s serial number.
Once you have the serial number, you can obtain the radio code from the following locations:
- Honda dealerships should give you the radio code if you give them the serial number.
- The Honda website can also provide you with the radio code if you input your serial number.
Since you’re already taking the time to find your radio code, take an extra minute to save on car insurance with Jerry. A licensed broker, the Jerry app helps you shop for low prices with over 50 different insurance companies for free. You will get quotes in seconds, can make policy changes at any time, and live agents are only a text away.
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How much is it to replace the car keys for a Honda?
I just got back from vacation and can’t find the keys to my Honda Civic anywhere. I called the hotel, but they haven’t found any keys, so I need to purchase a replacement. How much does it typically cost to replace Honda keys?
Dec 28, 2021
How do you change the time in a Toyota RAV4?
I’m finally ready to switch back from daylight savings time. But I can’t figure out how to set the clock in my car! What’s the best way to change the time in my Toyota RAV4?
Dec 28, 2021
How do you change the clock on a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid?
I always get confused after daylight savings time, especially when I get in the car. Anyway, I think it’s about time I set my clocks to whatever they’re supposed to be. What’s the best way to change the clock in my Toyota RAV4 Hybrid?
Dec 28, 2021