How do you drive through a car wash properly?
I’m new to driving and my car is a bit of a mess. My parents told me to take my car through the car wash, but I don’t know how. What’s the best way to drive your car through a car wash?
Washing your car is a simple process even for beginners. But everyone needs some help their first time around. Follow these steps to successfully drive your car through a car wash:
- Step 1: Drive to the payment stand by the entrance of the car wash. Most car washes will have a small kiosk for you to pay with a card while you wait in line. Others may require you to buy a wash from the person behind the counter.
- Step 2: Close all your doors and windows to stop water from entering the vehicle.
- Step 3: Follow the arrows or signs provided by the car wash, which should guide you into the wash station.
- Step 4: Align your wheels and follow the provided directions. Most car washes show you where to place your wheels as you move through the wash. They also use lights and signs to let you know when to stop and when to move to the next stage.
- Step 5: Relax throughout the process. Automated car washes may feel rough and your car may shake as you go through it. Don’t worry! That’s completely normal.
- Step 6: Exit the car wash when instructed!
Congratulations! You just went through your first car wash! While this option is easy, it won’t always be affordable. Car’s get dirty fast, and car washes can be expensive depending on the cycle you choose. Try washing your car at home or saving on other car expenses to offset the cost.
To save money for car expenses, lower your insurance costs with the Jerry app. As a licensed broker, Jerry can help you find and compare quotes from over 50 top providers like Progressive and Nationwide. When you find a better rate, Jerry can help you switch policies and even cancel your old one!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do you clean the blue stuff on a car battery?
My car started growing or leaking a thick blue material. It’s building up around the terminals and doesn’t look normal. I want to clean it off, but I don’t know how to do it safely. How should I clean this stuff off my car battery?
Nov 23, 2021
How do you connect a trickle charger to your car battery?
I don’t use my car too often, so my friend gave me a trickle charger to keep my battery in shape. I’d like to use it this weekend, but I don’t know how to hook it up. What’s the best way to connect a trickle charger to my car’s battery?
Nov 23, 2021
How do you deep clean leather car seats?
My leather’s getting old and dirty, but I want to make sure it stays healthy and clean for as long as possible. What’s the best way to deep clean your leather car seats from home?
Nov 23, 2021