How do you cover car windows?
What’s the best way to cover car windows? I’m going to be living in my car for a while and I need to cover my windows at night to keep myself safe.
There are a few different ways that you can cover your car windows for sleeping:
- Open your window slightly, then put a towel or t-shirt in the opening and close the window so that the fabric hangs mostly inside the car.
- Use masking tape to cover your windows with newspaper or aluminum foil.
- If you have the funds, get your windows tinted.
- Purchase or sew blackout curtains. You can close these in the windows like you would close the t-shirt or towel, or you can purchase curtain clips for your car windows.
- You can purchase car curtain rods to hang curtains or other types of cloth in your windows.
If you’re sleeping in your car, you’ll want to make sure that you’re well protected with a good car insurance policy. The Jerry app can help you find the best rates available for a policy that keeps you and your car well protected. Just take a minute to answer some quick questions and the app will show you a comprehensive list of quotes for you to choose from. The average Jerry driver saves $879 a year on car insurance!
MORE: How to live in your car
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
Are car title loans safe?
Are car title loans a safe option to make fast money? I need some quick cash to buy a new fridge, but I’m a little worried about taking out a title loan. I've heard the interest rates can be really high.
Nov 08, 2021
How do you clean urine off of a car seat?
What can I do to clean urine off of a car seat? My son had an accident in the car the other day and his car seat was the unfortunate casualty. Is there a good way to clean it?
Nov 25, 2021
How do you clean milk from car upholstery?
What’s the best way to clean milk from car upholstery? I know it’s going to smell so bad if I don’t clean it up perfectly, but I’m not even sure where to start.
Nov 25, 2021