How do you count car insurance costs?
What’s the best way to count up your car insurance to figure out how much it’ll cost? I don’t want to get scammed into paying way too much.
Counting up insurance costs can be tricky. Different providers use different algorithms to calculate your premium, so it’s nearly impossible to determine how much you’ll pay without getting a quote.
That being said, you can use these factors to estimate your final price:
- Your car. In general, pricier cars are more expensive to insure.
- Your car’s safety rating. Safer cars can minimize injury, posing a lower financial risk for providers.
- Your driving history. Since it shows how responsible you are as a driver, your history plays a large role in determining your rate
- Your gender, age, and marital status. Young drivers, men, and single people are generally considered less responsible parties.
- Your credit score. Since it indicates whether you’ll keep up with your payments, your credit score will be a large factor in determining your insurance rate.
- Your address. Depending on crime rates and other conditions in your area, your rate may change.
- The amount of coverage. As a general rule, the more coverage you buy, the more it will cost!
For help finding the best rate on the coverage you want, try Jerry. A licensed broker, the Jerry app will help you find and compare rates from over 50 to providers in minutes. All you have to do is choose the provider you like the best, and Jerry can help you switch policies and cancel your old one!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do I find out which car insurance provider I have?
What’s the best way to find out which car insurance provider I have? I need it for some paperwork, and I can’t remember.
Nov 08, 2021
Can someone get a title loan on a financed car?
Would I still be able to get a title loan on my car if it was already financed? I need help buying textbooks, and I’m thinking about taking out a title loan.
Nov 08, 2021
Can I have two title loans on the same car?
Is it possible to take out two title loans on the same car? I’m swimming in medical bills right now, and I already took out one title loan on my car. Can I apply for another one?
Nov 08, 2021