How do you connect to Bluetooth in a 2014 Ford Focus?
I recently purchased a Focus, but I can’t figure out how the Bluetooth feature works! Any idea how to connect to Bluetooth in a 2014 Ford Focus?
Katherine Duffy · Answered on Jan 10, 2023
Reviewed by Shannon Martin, Licensed Insurance Agent.
Connecting to Bluetooth can be tricky in new cars, so we understand your frustration! Thankfully, connecting to Bluetooth in a 2014 Ford Focus is pretty straightforward. Just follow these steps:
- Step one: Turn on your Ford Focus and make sure the vehicle is in “Park.”
- Step two: Turn on your Bluetooth device and make sure it is in pairing mode.
- Step three: On your Ford Focus, press the “Phone” button located on the dashboard or steering wheel.
- Step four: When the “Phone” screen appears, select the “Connect a Phone” option.
- Step five:** Select the “Add a Phone” option.
- Step six: Select the “Search for Devices” option.
- Step seven: Your Ford Focus will begin searching for nearby Bluetooth devices. When it finds your device, it will display its name on the screen.
- Step eight: Select your device from the list to initiate the pairing process.
- Step nine: Follow the prompts on the screen to complete the pairing process.
Once the pairing process is complete, your Bluetooth device should be connected to your Ford Focus and you should be able to use it to make hands-free calls, stream music, and access other features.
Buying a used Ford Focus is a smart move, both for the money you’ll save on the purchase price of the car and for the savings you’ll get on your Ford Focus insurance cost. Have fun!
View full answer
WHY YOU CAN TRUST JERRY
Jerry partners with more than 50 insurance companies, but our content is independently researched, written, and fact-checked by our team of editors and agents. We aren’t paid for reviews or other content.
Browse More Content
Insurance in Your State
What Others Are Asking
What is the best year for a used Porsche Cayman?
I’d love to purchase a Porsche Cayman for my son’s birthday, but since it’ll be his first car, I’d rather buy it used. Any idea what the best year for a used Porsche Cayman is?
Jan 10, 2023
What are the best snow chains for BMW?
I have to drive my car in some very icy, remote conditions and I want to ensure I’m prepared with the right equipment. What are the best snow chains for BMW?
Jan 10, 2023
How do you open the gas tank on a 2009 Dodge Charger?
I bought a 2009 Dodge Charger earlier this week and planned to refuel it on my way home from work, but I don’t know how to open the fuel filler door—how do you open the gas tank on a 2009 Dodge Charger?
Andrew (Andy) Biro
Jan 10, 2023
Read Advice From Car Experts At Jerry
All the Best Kia Compact Cars
The 2022 Rio is Kia’s smallest car, and it stands its ground with excellent reliability and great affordability against the best-selling Forte.
Now There's an Idea: EU Encourages Lowering Tolls for EV Drivers
Tolls will soon be lower for EV owners throughout the whole European Union. Where are toll rates at for electric vehicles in the U.S.?