How do you clean urine off of a car seat?
What can I do to clean urine off of a car seat? My son had an accident in the car the other day and his car seat was the unfortunate casualty. Is there a good way to clean it?
Dealing with accidents is always a part of having young kids! Luckily, there are more than a few ways to clean urine off of a car seat. Check out these tips to help you get it done:
- If any of the urine got on your car’s built-in seats as well as your son’s car seat, open the doors or windows of your car. If the car seat was the only area affected, you can just remove it from your car.
- Combine two cups of cold water, a tablespoon of white vinegar, and a tablespoon of liquid dish soap in a bowl.
- Dip a sponge in the bowl and begin blotting at the area. Try not to scrub or smear the stain. Work from the outside in.
- When you’re satisfied, use a dry cloth to blot up any excess cleaning solution.
- Let the seat air dry. If you still have problems with the smell, you can purchase an enzyme spray like Resolve to counteract the smell.
While you’re waiting for your freshly cleaned car seat to dry, why not take a minute to save some money on your car insurance?
The Jerry app can help you find the best rates available for you and your car. Just download the app and answer some quick questions and Jerry will show you a comprehensive list of quotes for policies similar to your current one. If you find one you like, Jerry can help you cancel your old policy and sign up!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do I tow a car for cheap?
My car broke down in my driveway. It won't start at all and I need to tow it. I don't really want to spend $100 on a tow truck. How do I get the cheapest tow?
Oct 26, 2021
How do you clean milk from car upholstery?
What’s the best way to clean milk from car upholstery? I know it’s going to smell so bad if I don’t clean it up perfectly, but I’m not even sure where to start.
Nov 25, 2021
How strong are car windows?
Are car windows strong? I read somewhere that they’re stronger than steel, which doesn’t seem true to me.
Nov 25, 2021