How do you clean mold off vinyl car seats?
My grandmother has reached the age where she no longer feels comfortable driving and decided to give me her car for my 21st birthday. The car runs great and has been sitting in her garage, almost untouched, for the last year or two. While driving it home, I noticed the smell of mildew and found some mold growing on the seats. How can I clean the mold off the vinyl seats?
- A vacuum.
- A spray bottle filled with white distilled vinegar.
- A scrub brush.
- A mask.
- Mask up to avoid inhaling harmful particles and park your car in the sun with all the doors open to let it air out.
- Remove any trash or personal belongings.
- Inspect the interior to locate the areas that need to be treated.
- Break up large clusters using the scrub brush and vacuum the interior.
- Thoroughly saturate the affected areas with vinegar.
- Scrub the vinegar into the affected areas, using more vinegar as needed.
- Let the interior completely dry and leave the doors open to air out the smell. Once dry, the vinegar smell should go away.