How do you clean Honda Civic fabric?
I drive my kids to school and sports every day and always bring snacks. After months of our routine, I finally hopped in the back seat and found a mess of food and drink stains! What steps should I take to clean my Honda Civic’s fabric seats?
Kids and cars don’t always mix well—but try not to worry! You can use a mix of vinegar, dish soap, and hot water to get rid of any stains in your upholstery.
Follow these steps to clean your Honda Civic’s fabric seats:
- Remove any big pieces of trash or objects in the car.
- Vacuum the back seats to get rid of dirt, dust, and crumbs.
- Mix a teaspoon of dish soap with one cup of white vinegar and two cups of hot water in a spray bottle.
- Open all the windows and doors in your car to let it ventilate and lightly spray your cleaning solution on your seats.
- Work your solution into the fabric with an interior brush.
- Wipe away suds with a microfiber towel as they appear.
- Continue spraying and wiping your seats until they’ve all been cleaned.
- Dab the seats with a damp towel to rinse them.
- Blot them dry with a clean towel.
- Leave the windows open to help your car dry overnight.
Hopefully, those steps help you get rid of any stains in your seats. If you still can’t get everything out, you can get them professionally cleaned for $50 to $150.
Plus, you can offset the price of professional cleaning by saving on car insurance with Jerry. A licensed broker, the Jerry app helps users save an average of $879 a year on car insurance. Just download the app, answer a few questions—and Jerry will help you compare personalized quotes from over 50 top providers like Progressive and Nationwide for free.
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do you put freon in a 2004 Honda Accord?
My air conditioning is running pretty warm, and I think it’s due to low refrigerant levels in the AC system. What’s the best way for me to add freon to my Accord?
Dec 08, 2021
How do I remove the running boards on my Ford Explorer?
I don’t use them much, so I’d rather go without any running boards to shave some weight off my truck. What’s the easiest way to get rid of the running boards on an Explorer?
Dec 07, 2021
How do you change a brake light on a Honda Accord?
I got a fix-it ticket for a broken brake light, and it expires tomorrow! I’m out of time and need help. What’s the easiest way to change a brake light on my Honda Accord?
Dec 08, 2021