How do you check the brake fluid in a Honda Civic?
What’s the easiest way to check the brake fluid level in my Honda Civic? My brake pedal is starting to feel a little weird, and my brake warning light popped on. I figure I can skip a professional diagnosis if the brake fluid’s the problem, but I don’t know how to check it!
- Step 1: Park your car on a level surface.
- Step 2: Let your engine cool if you’ve been driving it recently.
- Step 3: Pop your hood and locate the brake fluid reservoir—the cap should have a yellow octagon on top.
- Step 4: Look for the MAX and MIN marks on the side of the reservoir that mark the maximum and minimum amounts of brake fluid you should have.
- Step 5: Fill up the reservoir to the indicated level.
- Step 6: Close your hood—you’re all done!