How do you change the wiper blades on a Toyota Camry?
I’m driving my uncle’s Toyota Camry for the week while he’s on his honeymoon, and I’ve noticed the wipers are pretty bad. I want to do something nice for him, and I figure changing the wipers wouldn’t be a bad idea. How can I change the wipers on his Toyota Camry?
- Check the owner’s manual to find out the correct size wiper blades to purchase. If you can’t find the manual, an attendant at your local auto shop should be able to help you.
- Beginning on the driver’s side, locate the clip close to the base of the wiper blades.
- Pull this clip upward then push the blade backward.
- The blade should come free from the hook and you’ll be able to push the blade further down to completely disconnect it.
- Grab the new driver-side blade and position it so that the hook is going over the top of the attachment.
- Secure the hook and push the blade toward the end of the arm until you hear a click.
- Repeat these steps for the passenger side.