How do you change the tail light bulb in a Hyundai Accent?
One of my Hyundai's tail light bulbs has burned out, and if possible, I'd want to repair it myself instead of taking it to a mechanic. What’s the proper way to change the tail light bulb in a Hyundai Accent?
Answer provided by
Great thinking, doing DIY repairs at home is an excellent way to save money!
To change the tail light bulb in a Hyundai Accent, follow these steps:
- Locate the rear-light assembly service panel, which is usually in the rear interior corners of the car, and remove it
- Remove the three retaining nuts holding the rear light assembly and slide it out the back of the car
- Find the faulty light bulb—the tail light bulb should be in the top socket
- Turn the socket counterclockwise until it disengages from the rear-light assembly. Pull gently so as to not damage any attached wiring
- To remove the light bulb from the socket, simply press it down and rotate it counterclockwise
- Insert the new bulb, pushing down and twisting counterclockwise for about one-quarter turn
- Put the socket back into the rear light assembly and place the light assembly back into its slot
As you can see, changing a tail light bulb is a pretty straightforward task—it just involves a lot of twisting!
You can save money on repairs and upkeep by fixing your car yourself. Using Jerry can save you tons of money on your annual insurance.
Jerry is your ultra-talented car insurance broker for life. No need to sit across from him at a desk: Jerry is an app! It takes less than a minute to sign up, and you’ll be presented with competitive rates from dozens of top providers.
Don’t lose coverage—find savings with Jerry!
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
What others are asking
How do I turn off the auto high beams on my Honda Accord?
I just bought a new Honda Accord and I’ve noticed my high beams adjust automatically whenever another vehicle is approaching. Do you know how to turn off the auto high beam feature on my Honda Accord?
Apr 15, 2022
What are car battery terminal connectors?
My dad was changing my car’s battery, and he said the battery terminal connectors need to be replaced. I’m not exactly sure what they are or what they do. What are car battery terminal connectors?
Apr 15, 2022
How do I replace a 2010 Toyota Corolla headlight?
Just noticed that the headlight in my Corolla is out. This seems like something I can take care of myself. Please tell me how to replace a 2010 Toyota Corolla headlight?
Apr 15, 2022