How do you change the battery in a Honda Civic key fob?
What’s the best way for me to change the battery in my Honda Civic key fob? It hasn’t been working lately, and I think the battery is dead.
While changing the battery in your keyfob can be a tricky process, it gets a lot easier with a little practice! Here’s how to change the battery in your Honda Civic key fob:
- First, you’ll need to remove the metal key in the fob. Some models will have a key release button, but others will be secured with a screw, which you’ll need to remove.
- Once you’ve removed the key, use a flathead screwdriver to pop open the back of the key fob.
- Press your thumb down on the area around the battery to make sure all the parts stay together.
- Using your free hand, remove the old battery and replace it with a new battery. You can find the recommended battery type in your owner’s manual.
- Once your new battery is in place, slip on the back of the keyfob and reattach the metal key.
Congratulations— your keyless entry system up and running again!
Since you’re already taking the time to replace your keyfob battery, take another minute to save on car insurance with Jerry. A licensed broker, the Jerry app can help you compare personalized quotes from over 50 top providers like Progressive and Nationwide for free. When you find a better plan, Jerry can help you buy your new coverage and even help cancel your old policy!
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do you use the remote to open the windows on a Ford Fusion?
I just bought a Ford Fusion, and I’m super excited! I want to show off the remote window feature to my kids, but I don’t know how to work it! How can I use the remote to open the windows in my Ford Fusion?
Nov 20, 2021
How do you install parking sensors on a Ford Focus?
What’s the best way for me to install parking sensors on my Ford Focus? I’m terrible at parking, and I think they would help me. A friend gave me the EKYLIN Reverse Backup Radar System, but I have no clue how to set it up!
Nov 20, 2021
How do you program a 2006 Honda Accord key fob?
What do I need to do to program a new 2006 Honda Accord key fob? I’d rather not go to an auto shop, so I ordered a new keyfob to my home and I’d like to program it from here.
Nov 20, 2021