How do you change the battery in a 2004 Toyota Sienna?
I’ve already had to jump my Toyota several times this year. I think I finally just need to change the battery. The thing is I’ve never changed a car battery before. How do you install a new battery in a Toyota Sienna?
It’s a good idea to change your car’s battery if it needs frequent jumpstarts—you don’t want to end up with a dead battery on the side of the road. Before you get started, be sure that your car’s engine is cool enough for you to work on and that your car is parked on a flat surface in a well-ventilated area. You may find a pair of work gloves to be very useful, too.
To change the battery in a 2004 Toyota Sienna, follow these instructions:
- After purchasing your replacement battery, park your car and open the hood.
- Locate your battery and its negative and positive terminals.
- With a socket wrench, loosen and remove the negative terminal, then the positive terminal.
- Carefully remove your battery from its tray.
- If you notice any corrosion on the terminals or battery posts, now is the best time to brush it away with a wire brush.
- Place the new battery in the tray, aligning the red and black ends to the matching terminals. Secure it in the same manner as the previous battery.
- Connect the positive terminal first, then the negative, and tighten them both with your wrench.
Now that your battery has been properly replaced, you can drive with a bit more peace of mind. But before you get back out on the road, make sure you have the best car insurance coverage for the lowest price with the Jerry app.
Download Jerry for free to choose from competitive quotes from 50-plus top insurance companies and Jerry takes care of the rest—securing your new policy and helping you cancel your old one. No long forms. No calling around. Just savings. The average Jerry user saves $879 a year on car insurance.
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How can I turn off the air suspension on a BMW X5?
My friend and I are having a bit of a debate—we’re both BMW lovers, and I’ve always heard that to turn the air suspension off, you should hold the suspension level switch for exactly seven seconds. However, my friend thinks that as long as it’s more than five and less than 10, it’s all good. Who’s right here? How should you turn off the air suspension on a BMW X5?
Jan 04, 2022
How do you change a BMW X3 car key battery?
I’ve noticed the range on my BMW X3 car key has gotten smaller and smaller the last few weeks and that generally means one thing: it’s time to change the battery. How do I do it?
Jan 03, 2022
How do I change the battery in my Toyota key fob?
Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve noticed I have to get closer and closer to use the key fob for my Prius. I hear that the decrease in range is likely due to a weak battery. How do you replace the battery in a Toyota remote?
Jan 04, 2022