How do I reset a Honda Civic dashboard?
Today, when I went to pick up my daughter from daycare, I noticed multiple warning lights on my dashboard. This doesn’t make sense since I just had my 2019 Civic serviced a few days ago. How can I reset my dashboard?
It’s good to hear you keep up with maintenance by getting your vehicle serviced! While resetting your dashboard is a straightforward process, consider having a mechanic look over your car again. Although most cars require a manual reset after maintenance, there may be a more serious issue if you see multiple lights at once.
That said, if you feel confident there are no issues with your 2019 Honda Civic, follow these steps to reset the dashboard:
- Press the Engine Start button twice, but don’t press the brake. You want to enter Accessory Mode.
- On the top left corner of your infotainment screen, press Home and then Settings.
- Press Vehicle. Then, select Maintenance Info.
- From here, press Select Reset Items, which will allow you to select which dashboard lights you would like to reset.
- If you’d like to reset everything, you can select All Due Items. A pop-up will appear with a Reset option.
- Once selected, you’ll see a notification at the bottom of the screen stating your maintenance information has been reset. From there, all your dashboard lights should be clear!
Since you are taking time to learn how to reset your dashboard, check out affordable car insurance with Jerry.
Jerry is an insurance comparison app that shops for low prices with over 50 different insurance companies for free. You will get quotes in seconds, can make changes at any time, and if you ever have any questions, agents are just a text away! The average Jerry customer saves $879 a year on car insurance.
Did this answer help you?
Ask us a question by email and we will respond within a few days.
Have a different question?
You can meet us at our office and discuss the details of your question.
Read advice from car experts at Jerry
Browse by topics
What others are asking
How do you remove the front fender on a Toyota Sienna?
While backing into a friend’s driveway, I ran over a pretty huge boulder that scratched up my front bumper. It seems like I’m going to have to remove the fender on the driver’s side in order to repair the damage. How can I remove the front fender on a Toyota Sienna?
Jan 10, 2022
How long will it take to charge a Tesla S?
My little sister just got a new Tesla S, and I’m excited for her, but a little worried; I don’t want her to get stranded in the middle of nowhere just because she runs out of charge. She says that she’s charging her car every night, but I’m a little worried that it won’t be able to charge long enough. How long will it take to fully charge a Tesla Model S?
Jan 10, 2022
How much time does it take to charge a Tesla Model S?
I just got a Tesla Model S, and I’m incredibly stoked about taking it out on the road. However, I’m not sure how long I’ll need to leave it plugged in before driving it; this is my first EV and I’m learning as I go. How much time does it take to charge a Tesla Model S?
Jan 10, 2022