How do I repair a cigarette burn in my car seat?
I bought a used car recently, and I just noticed a cigarette burn in one of the back seats. The seats are a dark gray cloth, so it's not super noticeable, but I'd like to get rid of it. Is there any way to repair a cigarette burn in my car seat at home?
- First, use scissors to remove some fibers that match your seat color from elsewhere in your car—like under your passenger-side seat.
- Shave off enough fibers to cover the burn mark.
- Next, put a drop of fabric glue over the hole.
- If the hole is deep, you can fill the space with superglue first to give yourself a flat surface to work with.
- Then, put the fibers on top and allow the glue to dry.
- Repeat this process as necessary until the area is level and well blended