How do I remove tint glue from my rear car window?
I just bought a used car. Everything is in great shape with the notable exception of the window tint. It looks horrible, so I decided to remove it. Now I’m left with tint glue that I can’t remove. How do you get rid of tint glue on the rear car window?
- Dip a soft cloth in the alcohol.
- Rub in a circular motion to remove the glue.
- Wash with warm, soapy water to remove any alcohol or remaining glue.
- Dry with a clean, soft cloth.
- Spray WD-40 onto the glue.
- Let it sit for about five minutes.
- Use a rag to wipe it clean.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Use the heating gun to warm up the glue until it becomes pliable.
- Once the glue is pliable, use a scraper to remove the bulk of it.
- Follow up with WD-40 or rubbing alcohol to remove the residue.