How do I program my Hyundai garage door opener without the remote?
I seem to have lost my garage door remote but I need to program my Hyundai’s garage door opener—how do I program my Hyundai garage door opener without the remote?
Answer provided by
Unfortunately, programming a Hyundai garage door opener without the remote may not be possible depending on the type of garage door you have. If you have a rolling code garage door, you should be able to program it without a remote—but if you have a fixed code door, you won’t be able to.
If you have a rolling code door, you can program your Hyundai’s garage door opener without a remote by doing the following:
- Shut off your car and remove the key
- Clear your HomeLink system’s factory programming by pressing and holding down the two buttons on the outside of the HomeLink system at the same. Keep pressing until the in-car LED light starts to flash rapidly
- Press and hold down the HomeLink button you are attempting to program while also pressing the transmit button. After a few seconds, the LED lights should start flashing at a faster rate
- Press and hold the Learn Code button on your garage door opener until the indicator light turns on.
- At this point you will either need to hold down the programmed HomeLink button until the light on your garage door opener starts flashing, or touch the in-car transmitter button three to four times, depending on the type of system you have.
Hopefully, you will have now successfully programmed your Hyundai garage door opener without using the remote.
Make sure your Hyundai is protected by the right car insurance policy with the comparison super app and broker Jerry.
All you have to do is download the app, fill out a short survey, and in as little as 45-seconds Jerry will have compared dozens of competitive quotes from the nation’s top insurance providers to find you the best deals possible.
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Browse More Content
What others are asking
Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. driving in the Daytona 500?
I saw earlier this year that Dale Earnhardt Jr. was at the Daytona 500 track doing test laps, and I got really excited that he might be coming out of retirement! Please tell me Dale Earnhardt is going to be racing in the Daytona 500 this year?
Apr 15, 2022
Is there a specific time when car insurance is cheapest to buy?
I know dealerships have sale specials on cars at certain times of the year. Do insurance companies offer something similar for auto coverage?
May 13, 2021
Can your wages be garnished for a car loan?
I just missed a car loan payment that was due yesterday and can’t afford to pay it for another week or two. I’m not sure what the repercussions are, and the loan company hasn’t contacted me yet. Can your wages be garnished for a car loan?
Dec 09, 2021