How Do I program A Honda Pilot Key Fob Remote?
My previous fob wasn’t working correctly due to a broken transmitter. I bought a new one, but I need to set it up. How do I program my new Honda Pilot fob?
Answer provided by
I bet you’re looking forward to your new remote—they’re so convenient! Fortunately, programming a key fob is quick and easy.
To program a Honda Pilot remote, follow these steps:
- Get in the car on the driver’s side. Make sure all the doors are closed but unlocked.
- Insert the key in the ignition.
- Turn the key a half-turn to access accessory mode.
- Press the Lock button on the fob, then quickly turn off the ignition.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 twice more (in total, you will do them three times). Do each step in close succession, roughly five seconds after the previous step.
- For the fourth time, turn the key to accessory mode. Press the Lock button again. You will hear your vehicle make a locking clunk sound. The noise indicates the key fob is in programming mode.
- Turn off the car and remove the key from the ignition.
- Test your remote to see if it is successfully programmed. Note that you must take out your remote to test it. It will not work if you leave it in the ignition.
Keep in mind that while you can try these steps to program your key fob yourself, depending on the type of key fob you have, you may need professional assistance. Newer key fobs without the physical key must be programmed by the manufacturer.
While your vehicle is top of mind, take a minute to ensure you aren’t overpaying for car insurance. (Hint: you probably are!)
Jerry will generate competitive quotes from top providers in less than a minute. The Jerry app gathers your information from your past insurer, so you’re not responsible for any long forms or phone calls. Basically, you get all of the savings and coverage, with none of the hassles!
Here to save on car and home insurance? Great, you do that. We’ll do everything else.
Sign up in under a minute.
No need to fill out forms or shop around. Sign up in 45 seconds to start saving. Jerry does the rest.
Jerry collects and analyzes your current coverage.
Say hello to Jerry, your new insurance agent. We’ll contact your insurance company, review your current plan, then find the coverage that fits your needs and saves you money.
Get the best options before your renewal.
Jerry does all the picky, busy work by comparing prices and coverage from more than 50+ insurance companies. We compare what we find to your current policy and offer you the three best options before every renewal.
Browse More Content
What others are asking
What are the best things to do in St. Louis?
I’ve lived in Chicago my entire life, but I have many friends from college who moved to St. Louis because it was far cheaper. I think I’m going to venture down that way this summer. My friend told me that I can stay with him, but I might have to entertain myself some of the time. What are some of the best things to do in St. Louis?
Jul 19, 2022
Is the Hyundai 5-year warranty transferable?
I’m thinking about selling my 2021 Hyundai Elantra to upgrade to a newer model. To get more money, I’m going to sell it privately rather than trade it in—however, I want to increase the value of my car by making sure that the warranty is transferable. Can I transfer the 5-year warranty to the next buyer?
Jul 19, 2022
When to not use cruise control?
I’m buying my very first car this month, and I’m so excited! There are a couple of questions I still have, though—like when to not use cruise control?
Mar 24, 2022