How do I play music through Bluetooth in a 2013 Chevy Silverado?
I’m borrowing my friend’s truck for the week while my car’s in the shop, and I can’t figure out how the music stuff works. Can you tell me how to play music through Bluetooth in a 2013 Silverado?
Sarah Gray · Answered on Jan 05, 2023
Reviewed by Shannon Martin, Licensed Insurance Agent.
Of course! First, you’ll need to make sure your friend’s truck is actually equipped with Bluetooth. Only the top-tier 2013 Chevy Silverado LTZ or trims with an additional tech package have it.
If it turns out you do have Bluetooth, then you can follow these steps to connect to it:
- Make sure Bluetooth is activated on your smartphone
- Press and hold down the Phone/Speak button on the Silverado’s steering wheel until you hear ”Ready”
- Say ”Bluetooth” to prepare the system for pairing
- When the system is ready, it will respond with ”Bluetooth ready”
- Say ”Pair”
- The system will now provide you with a PIN
- Locate the truck’s name in your list of available Bluetooth connections and tap it
- Enter the PIN provided by the system
- You will be prompted to provide a name for your phone, then, when the pairing process is complete, you will receive a completion message
It may take a few seconds for your mobile device to pair with your friend’s Silverado, but once it’s done, you’re all set.
Making use of hands-free features, like Bluetooth connectivity, in any vehicle is a great way to stay safe by avoiding distracted driving. Plus, it’s just really convenient!
View full answer
WHY YOU CAN TRUST JERRY
Jerry partners with more than 50 insurance companies, but our content is independently researched, written, and fact-checked by our team of editors and agents. We aren’t paid for reviews or other content.
Browse More Content
Insurance in Your State
What Others Are Asking
What is the minimum car insurance requirement for Rhode Island?
What's the minimum amount of car insurance I need in Rhode Island? What can I use to find the cheapest rate?
Oct 18, 2021
Are Honda SUVs reliable?
I’m leaning toward buying a new Honda, but I want to make sure my car is going to last a while. How reliable are Honda SUVs?
Nov 28, 2022
How do you get home insurance before closing?
I’m closing on my house soon and my mortgage lender said I need home insurance. I’m not really sure how I go about getting it. How can you get home insurance before closing?
Feb 11, 2022
Read Advice From Car Experts At Jerry
The Citroën DS Is a Quirky Classic
The Citroën DS was futuristic and innovative for its time with both its design and mechanical features.
New Jersey Reckless Driving
A reckless driving charge in New Jersey carries fines up to $500, possible jail time, and five points added to your record indefinitely.